Thursday, October 2, 2014

INSPIRATION BLOG HOP

A few weeks ago I was nominated by Scrappy Manila to participate in this Inspirational Blog Hop. I’m glad to be doing this & I hope I could spread the inspiration around. This is a good way to start October.

- - - - - - -

WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON?
Project Life
I just started doing Project Life this year though I already knew about it since 2012. The thought of my portable drives crashing & losing all those photos made me realize I needed to have them printed out for safekeeping & for reminiscing.

It’s already October & I haven’t finished my August Project Life pages & I will have to start with my September pages, too, or else I will be 2 months behind. This is what usually keeps me busy on the start of the month for 1-2 weeks since I have 2 boys, a man, & a house to take care, too. 

(Will share my PL pages soon, just needed to revise some pages.)



Photobook
I’m also trying to finish our wedding photobook. Intended to finish & have it printed before our anniversary last August but got a bit distracted with some things I totally forgot about it. Just a few more photos & it’s off for printing. 


Mini Scrapbook Album
When I get too much inspired, I tend to make a mini scrapbook album. I started creating mini albums last year, during our long vacation in the Philippines & have created a bunch already. Some I gave as gifts to my friends & families while others were commissioned for clients. I use whatever materials I have (oh, I wish I could subscribe to SC’s PL kit or even have enough funds to buy papers + embellishments & pay for the expensive shipping fee to here OR I wish I'm in Philippines so I could be RAKed by someone from Project Lifers Philippines). But I got to do with what I can find here on my budget. I have something in mind that I hope to do this month, it’s a mini-accordion book about my parents. 


HOW DOES YOUR WORK DIFFER FROM OTHERS?
Personally, as much as possible I wanted my PL, Photobooks or Mini-albums to be clean & simple. It is usually photo(s), a little journaling & a little embellishment; especially for my Project Life pages. I tried embellishing more but I always end up with less or no embellishment. 

WHY DO YOU CREATE WHAT YOU DO?
For the love of making memories, I’m passionate on making Project Life, photobooks & mini-albums. For me it’s a legacy I’ll be leaving for my boys & hopefully they can also do in the future (even if they are boys). I’m also doing this for myself. Somehow crafting gives me confidence & affirms me that I am good at something. AND it’s a way for me to de-stress after a day’s work at home.

HOW DOES YOUR CREATING PROCESS WORK?
As most of you, I get inspiration throughout the web (Pinterest, FB, creative blogs, SC, etc.) as I seldom get good crafting magazines or books here that I can afford. As for the Project Life, the process starts with choosing which photos to print then editing the photos before going to the print shop. Then I complete the pages by using PL cards, papers, embellishment & adding some journaling.

For the photobooks, I follow almost the same process as to that of the Project Life. Just have to finish the layouts first before printing it.

As for the mini-albums, I choose the photos, edit & print them out. After which, I choose the papers or cards I want to use & make a plan/arrangement before I bind them. Then attach the photos, embellish & write some journaling.

- - - - - - -

To help me spread the inspiration around, I nominate Kathleen & Thea to do this Inspirational Blog Hop. Both ladies are creative in their unique ways & I get inspired whenever I see fellow Filipino express their creativity through these crafts. And YOU (the readers), if you want to participate hop in & join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.
Will try my best to reply to all of your comments.