Thursday, July 10, 2014

A MONTH AGO TODAY

"...The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." 
(Job 1:21 KJV)

Up until now, I get sad & depressed whenever I remember the things & the memories that got burned with our parents' house last month. I remembered myself crying up until now every time I think of that day & all that were lost. I know that the material things will be replaced eventually (not all of them though) but it's the memories that are associated with those things, those will never be replaced. So much memories even from the time my Papa was still courting my Mama & some old treasures from way back then.

The old photos. I was even planning on saving up for a turn-table because I know they still kept a few LPs. Jul's painting that she won during highschool. The pen & ink drawing of Mama by Papa (and she looks like LT). Mama's vintage make-up case (like this in dark brown) where she kept her wedding jewelries, veil & cord, & their wedding album. The picture wall frames which showcased my past handmade/scrapbooked wedding anniversary gifts to them. My wedding dress & other wedding memorabilia. The old books like the medicinal books & architecture books. Papa's remaining stuff for designing which he started to acquire since he was a working architecture student. And the list goes on and on...

I am thankful that my family were safe & that a lot of friends & families came for help. After a month they are still picking things up trying to move on & forget the memories of that day.

I wish I was there... I wished I can do more to comfort them... But I am here, so far away from them. I am just glad Jul's company allowed her to come home for a week this month. She can check our parents, brother, & her family in Cebu & how they are doing now.

Now, it's time to move on & collect new memories. The memories of what happened will always come back & we will always get sad & depressed about it. It won't be an easy road to moving on but as I always say God is good... All will be well.

THANK YOU won't be enough to say to our friends & families who came to help & sympathize with us. To my highschool & college friends in Cebu, to our relatives in Cebu &  to a couple of our family friends here in Al Ain... Thank you so much God bless your kind hearts.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. May the God of all comfort show you and your parents His extra blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.
Will try my best to reply to all of your comments.