Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2011 GET-AWAY MINI ALBUM

AND it's finally DONE!!! Our Pearl Farm (Samal, Philippines) get-away. 

After browsing through Stephanie's blog & after years of putting off this album, I finally plunged into it. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience & it's worth documenting into an album. 

I wanted to use a 6x8 binder for this album but since I've bought a handmade paper album from there, I decided to use it as it's part of the memory. Since I was not going to use the brown paper inside the album, I just took it off & the existing binding screws. Punched holes for the front & back covers & used the binding rings instead.

It's my first album with different paper & photo sizes. This is also my first time to add assorted page protectors since I've got a bunch of photos to put in the album. Because I just bought a second hand mini sewing machine, I had fun adding stitches on some of my pages. And since I only have limited materials on hand, I just added a few embellishments here & there. I used elements & papers from Studio Calico Project Life kits & from Pretty Papers UAE. I cut the words from some of the journal cards & used it as embellishments. Even included some of the cut files I designed which coordinated well with our beach-pool photos. 













 I really enjoyed making this album. I created the base with some of the memorabilia I got from there like the brochures, coaster from the restaurant, & the fridge magnet (I wished I took a few more memorabilia & a postcard, too) while I waited for the weekend to come so I could go to the print shop for my photos. After the photos were printed, it took me 2 days to put everything together. What took me longer to do was the journaling. To keep the entire album intact, I added the elastic band on the back cover. 

Again, thanks to Stephanie for the inspiration, just in the right time. Now, I'm thinking of my next mini. Visit her blog & get inspire to create minis. And she's right... minis "are worth 100% of the effort". Stephanie inspired me with her travel mini & I hope I get to inspire you.

Thanks for dropping by, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.
Will try my best to reply to all of your comments.